The purpose of the Native Daughter program is to foster an understanding and companionship between father and daughter.
Take my hand and say you love me,
Take my hand and say you care,
Let’s enjoy our time together,
Let’s share joys we’ll long remember,
Always friends, every season,
Always friends, we need no reason,
Take my hand and say you love me, Take my hand and take me home.
Song (Black Bead)
FRIENDSHIP ALWAYS (To the tune of Clementine)
Friendship Always, Friendship Always,
That’s our slogan, that’s our code.
And we work and play together
As we travel down the road.
Moms are for it, Dads adore it
And the girls all think it’s fine!
Friendship Always, Friendship Always, The Great Spirit as our Guide!
Slogan, Aims, and Pledge (Orange Bead)
1. To be clean in body and pure in heart.
2. To be “Friends Always” with my Dad.
3. To love the sacred circle of my family.
4. To be attentive while others speak.
5. To love my neighbor as myself.
6. To seek and preserve the beauty of the Great Spirit’s work in forest, field and stream.
“We, Father and Daughter, through friendly service to each other, to our family, to this tribe, to our community and country, seek a world that is pleasing to the eye of the Great Spirit.”